Saturday, August 14, 2021

 


Our good friend and Sargie's former coworker, Michelle, fixing my glasses on Friday afternoon

August 14, 2021 - Saturday morning
41 degrees/clear skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

I want to congratulate my friend, Hanna, who just completed a very difficult, very challenging, eighty mile section of trail in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in northern Montana. 

Under the constant threat of grizzly bears and dealing with some challenging changes in elevation, along with other elements, Hanna successfully made her way through some of North America's most rugged terrain. Her husband, Joe, hiked in a mile last evening to meet her in what I imagine was a very joyous and happy reunion. 

No doubt, Hanna will be sharing pictures and stories when they arrive back in the Midwest and I hope she'll let me publish some here.

Congratulations Hanna. You're my hero.

Yooper Brother Mark and I enjoyed an early morning walk on Friday. The boy seems to be getting busier these days, planning a trip to the company's plant in Kentucky and a Labor Day meeting with Sarah and family at Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota.


 
With yesterday's funeral being held late in the morning in Iron Mountain, by the time that was finished and we ran an errand or two, the day was pretty well shot.

We did stop by the Vision Center before coming home where Michelle fixed my glasses. I was wiping sweat from my brow last week when the cuff of my leather glove caught an ear piece. Naturally, rather than bend, the thing snapped off. At any rate, the ladies in the Vision Center and Sargie got caught up on life. 

Sargie and I owe our wonderful union to Michelle. After all, she's the one who originally got us together, but that's a story for another time. It's a tale right out of a Harlequin romance novel. *

I never knew losing my glasses over ten years ago could end with such happiness, contentment, and most of all, love and friendship.

* Harlequin Romance: I always knew Fabio and I had something in common, well, other than our long, luxurious, hair and finely chiseled bodies. 

The day was too far gone to accomplish any meaningful work by the time we arrived home from Iron Mountain. With cool temperatures in the upper 60's, along with a stiff breeze, I happily crawled under a blanket and reclined in my chair for an afternoon's nap.

I'm heading out the door for my morning walk. Well, that is if I can pry Yooper Brother Mark out of bed to come with. The guy gets up every working morning between four and five AM and seems to think he ought to sleep in a bit on the weekends. Boy oh boy, is he getting soft in his old age. I may have to kick some sand on him and toughen him up.

I plan to cut and haul some meaningful firewood today before we leave for Iron Mountain to babysit Sargie's great nephews, Lincoln and Grayson, for a few hours this evening. 


OK, time to get this show on the road.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...




No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...