Thursday, September 2, 2021


September 2, 2021 - Thursday morning
41 degrees/clear skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

What can I say? I'm like bad breath, I just keep coming back. 

I made a long video yesterday morning while walking. Purposefully lengthy, I wanted to see what a "down and dirty" edit job, one to simulate what it will be like to edit a video after a long day of hiking, will look like. Assuming I can upload a video, it's doable. 

As long as you are willing to tolerate the mistakes, I'm happy to make them.

Oh, first, before the video, check this out. It records and maps my daily hikes. This is yesterday's:


Now for the video:


As you heard in the video, these past few days have been busy. We've been harvesting goodies from the garden and enjoying fresh vegetables daily. I especially relish Sargie's stuffed zucchini. Filled with a homemade spaghetti-type sauce, browned ground sausage and hamburger, and topped with melted cheese, it's one of my summertime favorites.


We worked hard sealing our large drive and thankfully, that job is finished for yet another year.




The pond pump problem has been remedied. Actually, the pump wasn't at fault and the supposed culprit turned out to be an 80 pound sandbag. Holding gravel in an underwater filter, it had slid down a steep side and landed against a piece of four inch perforated flexible pipe, reducing the flow by more than half. After moving the sandbag, the pipe returned to its normal diameter and water once again moved freely.


With a full 5,000 gallons of water (per hour)  circulating through the pond, we've seen a great improvement in water quality.


I've been trying to clean a few of the garden beds, those that are finished producing. The biggest noticeable improvement was cutting the asparagus fronds. They filled the small trailer.


With the cutting, we should be able to enjoy a small fall harvest of asparagus before winter sets in.

Sargie has had her eye on a large, flat, rock to set beside our ancient garden bench. Weighing HUNDREDS of pounds, it was moved to the gate of the garden using the tractor before the two wheeled cart was utitilized.


In the end, Sargie and I placed it beside the bench and we now have a completely natural, end table.


No daily blog would be complete without a giant pumpkin report.


Still gaining pounds per day, and weighing somewhere between two and three hundred pounds, I laid boards alongside yesterday to keep the bottom off the ground. Flat on top, which is really a side, it's beginning to collapse in on itself which is typical for a giant pumpkin. 


Okay, that's enough. Tomorrow will feature, among other things, "first day of school" pictures of the grandbabies. I've got a bunch.

Sargie and I have a busy day ahead, one which will see us travel to the... DUMP. It's time to rid ourselves of those cans and other useless items that we have collected over the summer months.


I need to continue work on the front steps, straighten up the barn a bit, and I hear we're going to paint that ancient garden bench that I talked about earlier, you know, the one with the new rock end table.

Time to go for my walk and get the day started.

 
After all, a man's work is never done.


So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...