Saturday, August 28, 2021


August 28, 2021 - Saturday morning
66 degrees/cloudy skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

It's time to take my quarterly break, although it's been almost six months since my last hiatus. Simply put, I've grown weary of writing about giant pumpkins, goldfish, mundane events, and taking pictures.  All have become more of a chore than a joy, a clear sign that it's time to step out of this digital goldfish bowl.

I want to take this time to concentrate on other writing and videos. With those come the foundation for the promised Alaska/AT book that is planned for the future. 

As our country continues to fall apart and we're fed an increasing stream of questionable jargon, I'm finding it more and more difficult to keep politics out of my writing. I'd love to pen a conservative column, but if I do, it will be under a pseudo name and in a different format. Tales from Pentoga will remain a place where we can all meet. We may not all agree and that's okay, but we'll be civil and kind to each other.

So, as my good friend, Kermit, used to say, "I'll see you down the log." 

I never figured out exactly what that meant, but sure enough, I always saw him at some point. No doubt, I'll do the same with you. Only one question, how long is that log? Who knows, it could be a mere piece of kindling, short enough to fit into the wood stove.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...


No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...