Monday, October 11, 2021


October 11, 2021 - Monday morning
57 degrees/cloudy skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

I'm sitting here this morning, basically waiting for the sun to rise so I can get on with my daily walk. Golly, it's good to feel normal once again. The engine's revving and I'm eager for the flag to drop so I can get the day started.

Sunday was a lazy one filled with Packers football and what a game it was. It's been years since I've watched a game that was so well played by both teams, so good in fact, that I didn't care who won. OK, that's a lie and in the end, my Packers came through in overtime.

The one exception to a near perfect contest lay with the kickers on both sides of the ball. I think there was something like five missed field goals in the last two minutes of play. Any one of the five would have won the game for either team.

The Packers' kicker, Mason Crosby, finally pulled his head out of the clouds (or some place much closer to home) and converted a last minute field goal for the win.

Sargie pulled in the drive last evening after a fun filled weekend in Chicago. She said the bride was absolutely gorgeous, the groom a great guy, and the ceremony beautiful. Riding with Mel and Macrea, I imagine there wasn't room to get a word in edgewise in the car going or coming. 

I hope to start disassembling the old porch swing today. I built it from a kit eleven years ago and it's served us well. Initially, I was going to try to repair the thing, but upon further examination, I found several areas of rot, places that would make it unsafe in the future. Other than that, well, who knows?

It's time to put on the hikers and get a few miles under these feet of mine.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...


4 comments:

  1. Hey Greg... I think I've turned the corner. Will write a short blurb in a few minutes. It's been quite the ride. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Uncle Tom. Just found out. Sending prayers and Bree's roars your way. How does some Hochstedler granola sound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Markus!
    Hard to believe I've been at the Iron River Hilton now for a full week trying to get my lungs emptied out. Feeling much better though and I am guardedly optimistic that I'm doing better. It was touch and go for a while there. Thanks for your well wishes. Give Lynette and the girls be ol' Uncle Tom and Auntie Sargie hugs and lets keep in touch. Love you all, Tom

    ReplyDelete

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...