Sunday, October 10, 2021


October 10, 2021 - Sunday morning
62 degrees/cloudy skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Other than take a quickie four mile stroll yesterday afternoon, I did nothing on Saturday other than watch B grade movies and sleep. Mostly I slept.

I'm feeling 100 percent better and Sargie seems to think I'm worth keeping around. Funny, I used to see older people get sick from a simple cold or the flu and as a youngster, think, "I'm NEVER going to get sick like that. "

Uh huh.

I'm going to have to blame Cheeks for the past two rounds of childhood inner ear infections that moved into my head.

We were taking care of her just before Sargie and I traveled to the East Coast to see my sons. Previous to our leaving, Cheeks became ill, ran a temperature, and managed to infect her other grandpa who was caring for her for a couple of days, as well as Pawpaw.

Last week saw a repeat performance. I felt great, but Cheeks wasn't going to let that stand during her visit on Pentoga Road. I guess when she emptied the contents of her tummy all over Grandma Sargie, the walls, ceiling, and spred her Black Widow germs near and far... well, the rest is history.

Poor girl. I began calling her Cheeks before she was ever born and I say that with a deep pawpaw's love. But, darn it anyway, she insists on bringing home the germ du jour from her daycare, ala Typhoid Mary. 

Typhoid Cheeks? Naw. The name doesn't fit. She's too darn cute,

Hmm. Hmm. 

Cheeks, the Baby Black Widow. Sounds good to me, but I rather imagine Grandma Sargie might have something to say about that.

I think I'll just keep calling her Cheeks and hope Pawpaw begins to develop some immunity to all these munchkin germs our baby girl insists on sharing.

Works for me.

I do feel better today and seem to be firing on all cylinders. It's time to eat breakfast before heading out the door for my morning walk to the Mighty Brule River. 

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...