Saturday, October 9, 2021


October 9, 2021- Saturday morning
60 degrees/cloudy skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Whew, where'd that freight train come from? Something sure flattened me.

I've been battling an ear/nose/throat infection for several days now, plus occasionally running a low grade temperature. I've haven't felt horrible, but not 100% either. I think I got the germ from Cheeks who has been sick this entire past week. You may remember she became ill last weekend while we were caring for her.

When my fever spiked at 102 degrees the night before last, accompanied by chills that about shook me out of bed, I knew it was time to get some kind of meds to knock this thing out of the ballpark, or at least my body.

Sargie insisted I see a doctor yesterday who prescribed an antibiotic that already seems to be working. This is the first morning in quite sometime that I feel somewhat normal. I think, I hope, we've got this bug on the downhill slide out of Dodge.

In other news, Josh sent Ellie's school picture. I know I'm biased, but what a beautiful young lady Ellie's grown to be. A freshman in high school, she plays on the varsity soccer team, is a member of the band, is already taking a junior civics course, and best of all, truly loves everyone. We sure love our Ellie.


I managed to bring in the tools from the garden shed the night before last. It took umpteen trips, but as of now, all are piled high in the shop. At least they're closer to being put away.


So that's about all the news from this end. On today's agenda? A big fat nuthin'. I'd like to go for a short walk just to get the blood flowing once again and if there's any energy left after, I'll put the tools away in the shop. Other than that, it looks like a day of watching B movies and taking naps.

Hmm, on second thought, I think I'll skip the walk and tools and concentrate on the B movies and naps.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...