Tuesday, September 28, 2021


Miss Jody and Sargie discussing the trim to be installed around the new door.

September 28, 2021 - Tuesday morning
37 degrees/clear skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Garry and I are up early this morning sipping coffee. The folks will be departing for points south later today. Their eventual goal is Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, for a weeklong gathering of religious praise and song. 

Yesterday was shot day for me in Rhinelander. All I'll say is... well, it was shot day. I received really good news in that I don't have to have another one for eight weeks. The doctor, with the aid of a newer, stronger, medication, is attempting to go as long as possible between injections so I don't have to get off the trail for shots quite so often next year. 

I'm running short on time this morning, but I think the pictures will tell yesterday's story. Garry and Sargie took charge in purchasing the needed trim to finish the back door and both worked together later to install it around both the storm and interior doors. Miss Jody and I did equally as well supervising.














Last evening ended with a wonderful meal of leftovers, food from the past several days. It was agreed by all that it might have been the best supper yet.

On today's agenda, well, Garry and I are going to sip a pot or two of coffee before the ladies get up and talk enough to hold us for the next few months. Though we write each other daily, face to face time is valuable between brothers who live a thousand miles apart.

Otherwise, I'll go for my walk at some point later on today and there's a large stack of Milligan Mountain barn boards to begin installing on the inside walls of the garden house.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...