Saturday, August 7, 2021

I'm told the Milligan "Young Cousins" had a ball yesterday at Lisa and Benoit's on Six Mile Lake

August 7, 2021 - Saturday morning
57 degrees/cloudy skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Funny. Seems like it was just a year or two ago that our generation of Milligan family was sitting around a kitchen table, pondering if the next generation was ever going to have any babies. No one needed to have worried. Most went forth and were fruitful.

 
The munchkins had a wonderful time yesterday, swimming, eating ice cream, and doing whatever it is munchkins do on a near perfect, warm, summertime day.


Back on Pentoga Road, I enjoyed my usual early morning walk. I was greeted in Pentoga Village by not only the bunny rabbits, but a doe and fawn.

Due to a late freeze this past spring, there are few apples in our area, but those blossoms that survived have produced some good looking fruit. 

We have exactly ONE apple on our three trees, a real switch from last year's crop when we had hundreds, if not thousands of apples.

We're enjoying Hambone and Cheeks and have never seen a happier girl than Cheeks. Well, that is until she gets hungry and lets the entire world know that she's starving to death.





With Sargie and the munchkins headed to Six Mile Lake Friday morning, I loaded the power saw onto the tractor and took off for the woods.

Several trees that I'd laid on the ground last spring were cut into chunks. 

OK, I lied. One didn't quite make it to the ground in March as I missed my mark causing it to hang up in a nearby tree.

Over an hour was spent trying to safely get the tree untangled. Using the tractor and chain, I pulled and eventually, pushed, until it came crashing to the ground.

The rest of the day was spent sawing with just one fallen tree left to cut up before the north side will be done.


Hot and sweaty? You have no idea.


The rest of the afternoon was spent around the pond, trimming the underwater aquatic plants, raking out algae, and cleaning in general. I've come to the realization that there's little difference between a swimming pool and a large garden pond. The only difference? We get to swim with goldfish.

I was asked why I didn't post any pictures of me from the wedding. (Thanks Norriene.) Anyone who knows me, understands that I'm much more comfortable dressed as I am in the picture above than the one below. None-the-less, here's one from the wedding.


Sargie, Hambone, and Cheeks, arrived home last evening tired, but full of tales from a fun day on the lake. None of us had any problems sleeping last night.

On today's agenda? Yooper Brother Mark will be out soon for our weekly Saturday morning walk. Otherwise, Hambone and I will be hauling in wood, spreading gravel, or playing in the pond. But then, we might have to go somewhere and get ice cream. 


Time to get wrap this up and get the day started.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...