Friday, August 6, 2021


August 6, 2021 - Friday morning
61 degrees/cloudy skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Boy oh boy, I'm tired this morning. I wonder what that's all about? Sitting here in these early morning hours, I guess both Sargie and I have the right. We made a quick trip to the East Coast, driving 2,200 miles, round trip, in one week's time. Then we had a wedding that consumed us for three full days followed by the best of visits from Christy and family. Now today, Hambone and Cheeks begin a three day stay on Pentoga Road.

Yep, we've earned the right to be tired.

The kids left early Thursday morning and how we hated to see them go. We had so much fun while they were with us, but we did extract promises that they'd be back at some point in the future.

I left for my walk immediately after their departure. Pentoga Village has an excess of bunny rabbits this year. In fact, if I'm not greeted by two or three daily, I wonder if something's happened to them.


The village is also lit up with these yellow button-type flowers. Knowing that our world will be completely gray and white in a few short months, I've learned to appreciate their beauty.


Sargie and I spent the rest of the day relaxing. She did some laundry and household chores while I retreated to the shop and attempted to remove the scratches and buff a camera lens. Continually carried in my front pocket, every camera I've ever owned ends up with a cloudy, scratched, less than perfect, lens. If you don't believe me, look at yesterday's blog.


Nothing ventured/nothing gained. Attaching a hard felt tip onto the Dremel, rubbing compound was initially used. After, the same was done with glass/mirror scratch remover.


 Would it work? It did! Pictures are once again crystal clear. I even tried the method on an old pair of glasses and the outcome looks promising. I'll go over those one more time.

Last night was a quiet one. We were to get Hambone and Cheeks, but that didn't happen. Sargie will meet Macrea halfway early this morning and bring them home for the weekend.

I'm going to get Sargie up for the day then go for my walk. Some people find sleep restful when seeking solitude and peace. Me? I like to walk and walk, then walk some more. After, I may head to the woods and begin cutting up a large fallen maple tree. The sound may be loud, but the surroundings are pure bliss.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

Pentoga Road
Using the newly polished and buffed lens

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...