Thursday, August 5, 2021

Wednesday was a great day for a float trip down the Brule River

August 5, 2021 - Thursday morning
60 degrees/clear skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Christy, Josh, and Jordon, just left for home and we're sad. What nice kids and as Sargie said, the time they were with us flew by. They expect to be home, in South Bend, Indiana, early this evening.

Wednesday was a wonderful day spent on the Brule River. The weather was absolutely perfect with highs in the lower 80's and just enough breeze to be comfortable.

Opting not to go, Sargie served as our logistics person who dropped us off at the beginning and pulled the trailer home. Since the ending was in Pentoga, we parked a car at the bridge and once finished, I drove home and got the Blazer and trailer to retrieve the kayaks.


I apologize for the quality of snapshots. The lens on my relatively new camera has lost its coating. Insured, I'll be filing a claim and hopefully, will have a replacement in the next few weeks. Until then, I'll use my iPhone 12 or if I'm in a circumstance to where it might get wet, I'll suffer with the camera and less than perfect pictures.

We had a wonderful sixteen mile paddle that took a bit over four hours. The only mishap was when Jordon hit a large rock causing her kayak to turn sideways in the strong current. After that, it was a done deal.

Thankfully, she only had to stand up in the knee deep water and after Josh emptied her kayak, we were on our way.



Everyone was to bed early last night and from what they said this morning, no one had any difficulty falling asleep. With hugs, kisses, I love you's, and promises to visit again, Christy, Josh, and Jordon, left just before 6 this morning.

We have today to catch our breath before Hambone and Cheeks arrive tonight for the weekend. I'm not sure what all we'll be doing, but then, I'm just Pawpaw and along for the ride. I'll simply fasten my seatbelt and hang on for dear life.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...