Saturday, July 31, 2021


July 31, 2021 - Saturday morning
64 degrees/cloudy/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Another short one here today. Sargie's ready to leave to get her hair done followed by make up. I think I'll finish this then continue to read a good book that I've had my nose stuck in for a few days.

Yooper Brother Mark and I went for our usual Friday morning walk yesterday. As vice president of his company he's readying to leave for their plant in Kentucky in the next week or two. The man certainly is busy.

Upon arrival home, I tucked the garden in for the weekend and was happy to see that the spaghetti and delicata winter squash are setting on. Looks as though we'll have a good crop to give away this year.


Leaving mid morning, we had a wonderful ride to Escanaba which lies along the northern shore of Lake Michigan.

A stop was made by the wedding shop in the downtown area where I tried on my tuxedo. It fit perfectly. After, we made our way to the hotel and met the rest of the family.

Great Uncle Ross and Cheeks were having a play date

Sargie soon zoomed off to have her nails done. I socialized with the rest of the family until rehearsal time.

With pretty nails (Sargie, not me), we made our way to the pavilion and ceremony area. The pictures tell the story.










I was extremely flattered and gratified that the kids included a picture of Mom "Grandma Hedy" on the table of those family members who've gone ahead. Macrea and Mel always made her feel a part of the family and Hambone loved her dearly. Even now, she continues to be. I'm sure Mom's looking down, happy as can be, that she's included in today's activities.

Rehearsal finished, the wedding party made their way to a local park where food was catered and everyone had a good time.



Sargie's off to get her hair prettified. I'm on my second cup of coffee and ready for another. Guess I ought to get this uploaded and think about what lies ahead today. Let's see, I follow Macrea and Sargie down the aisle at the wedding before being seated... or do I go first? 

Yup, either way, I can do that very integral part of the wedding, darn straight, I can. 

After? Well, we'll take it as it comes.


Niece, Sasha, and I taking our selfie.
We've made selfies each day, at every family event, for years.
No doubt, there'll be another tomorrow.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...