Friday, August 31, 2018


Thursday morning, time for some action on Pentoga Road.
Sealing the drive began by placing the pails of gook out into the sun to warm.
August 31, 2018 - Friday morning
55 degrees/thunderstorms/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Talk about some action pictures, today's entry is full of them. Better strap on your helmet and fasten your seatbelt.




This old body is feeling the effect of carting a dozen pails around the drive yesterday. Let's just put it this way, if I could find a foot and back donor, I'd be all in for a double transplant.


The process consisted of: carry, pour, push, pull, spread evenly, then repeat the process over and over and over.


I began by wishing the temperature would rise. By day's end, I was grateful that it only topped out in the lower 70's with a pleasant breeze.


It was later in the day before the sealer covered the entire drive. I took particular care to make sure all the small cracks were filled and over all, was quite happy at the outcome.

Thankfully, the new covering was dry by sundown last night and had overnight to cure. It's raining this morning, something not recommended after sealing a drive, but I think it will be just fine. If not, there's always next year to try it again.

Sargie opens this morning. I planned on working in the yard and garden today in preparation for Sunday's Labor Day gathering. It now appears I'll have a much more mellow time playing in the shop.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...



No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...