Friday, August 18, 2017


Ivy in a rubber ducky in a wagon
Makes perfect sense to me

August 18, 2017 - Friday
60 degrees/cloudy/windy
Pentoga Road

Whew, it ain't purty outside this morning. After receiving an additional .6 of an inch of rain Thursday, on top of the inch that had fallen the night before last, it's just plain sloppy out there. I'm so grateful I got the area north of the barn made ready for the shipping container.

Why? Because....

I ordered it yesterday. 

This is either one of the most stupid things I've ever done or something that borders on being clever, innovative, and money-saving. I simply couldn't think of a less expensive way to gain more storage. On paper and in theory, purchasing a forty foot shipping container was the only way to go. There's little labor involved (so far) and it's like buying a house trailer. Put it in place, level the thing, throw in a string of lights down the middle, add a register or two for ventilation, and boom, time to store some equipment. 

Golly, I hope this is one deep thought that I'm not going to regret. Stay tuned. We'll find out next Monday or Tuesday. I'm still waiting for the final delivery date. 


Neighbor Mike has offered to lend me his industrial come-a-long should we need to move the unit into place. Ah, a project. I always did like a good project.

Problem is, they aren't nearly as much fun now as they were twenty or more years ago.

With the monsoon season back upon us, I spent most of Thursday in the shop. The first item on the agenda was to figure out what to do with some scrap wood standing in a corner.

Hmm, making a shelf would be a good way to get rid of some of it.

For whatever reason, I've been keeping hobbby paint, poly, glue, and those sorts of things on top of the old cabinets fastened along one wall.



It worked for me, but when Sargie opened a cabinet door earlier this summer, a can fell and almost hit her. She informed me that wouldn't do ... no, that wouldn't do at all.

It may be my shop with no gurlz allowed, but Sargie's more than a girl, she's the other half of the Pentoga Road Mafia. More importantly, she's the gatekeeper. I needed to make a shelf before one of those cans magically hit me in the head.



It was harder to move the workbench away from the wall so I could mount the shelves than it was to actually make them. At this writing, the top of the cabinets are empty.

The rest of the day was spent diligently watching television from my recliner.



I'm hooked on an Australian gold show that is currently running on Netflix. It's a cheap knock off imitation of Discovery's Gold Rush that airs every fall.

Lest you think I was totally lazy and without merit, I also painted pieces of an intricate alphabet puzzle while mining gold down under.



I'll admit to occasionally dozing off and once, I stirred long enough to find a wet piece of the puzzle lying in my lap. Guess I'd fallen asleep while painting it.



Sargie was home early last night, but closes the Vision Center for the next two. Looks as though we'll have to keep our wild partying to a minimum this weekend. That's okay, the Packers play Washington Saturday evening.

All that's on my agenda today is to pick blueberries. Once again, there are handfuls hanging from the bushes. The garden may be horrible, but this is a banner blueberry year.

With today's lousy weather, I'm going to continue working on the grandbabies' birthday and Christmas gifts in the shop. 


After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

Some pieces need to be sanded and repainted, but after, it should be good to go. We all know our alphabet, but it took me several minutes to piece this one together Thursday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...