Thursday, September 16, 2021

Wild sumac in fall colors

September 16, 2021 - Thursday evening
70 degrees/clear skies/windy
Pentoga Road

I thought I'd write tonight. Yooper Brother Mark and I generally take an early Friday morning walk and it's easier to finish tomorrow's entry tonight.

Thursday morning's walk was a good one. I plucked an apple off a large tree and enjoyed munching on it as I walked along.


Back home, I tackled installing our new RING security doorbell. It not only notifies us if someone's at the front door, it also records a video on our smart phones and allows us to talk to and see the visitor. 

Naturally, the wiring for our old doorbell was vintage, not at all compatible with a more modern digital model. 


Unfortunately, the existing wires were entirely too short. I had to splice new ones before sealing each with shrink wrap.


In the end, the new doorbell was successfully assembled. We're in business.


One bowl, the largest I've ever turned, was finally finished this afternoon. Talk about a pain. This one has broken no less than three times, been pitched into the trash six or eight more, and has caused me to swear more than I care to admit. Once, when sandpaper snagged on the inside, I feared I broke a finger. I won't miss this bowl.


Matt sent a picture of Ben and Em on school picture day. Wes decided he'd hop in at the last second.


Last but not least is beautiful Ivy holding her baby doll. Note, both are wearing identical clothing. Poor Ivy, just started kindergarten and was exposed to Covid, so she and the rest of the class are quarantined for two weeks.


There's a chance of rain on Friday so I'm planning on spending time in the shop. No doubt, Sargie and I will take advantage of a one day sale at our local grocery.


After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...