Saturday, September 18, 2021

September 18, 2021 - Saturday morning
40 degrees/clear skies/calm winds
Pentoga Road

Whew, there's a bit of nip in the air this morning. I THINK we dodged our first frost of the season, at least I hope so. A few more frost free days of above normal highs could see the giant pumpkin gain another fifty to hundred pounds. 

The rest of the garden is rapidly playing out. The tomatoes are FINALLY ripening, although not evenly. 


Sargie and I were lazy on Friday. We sat across the living room from each other multiple times saying that we ought to get busy. It never happened.

Instead, we talked a bunch, took a nice ride, and last night, met Yooper Brother Mark and Sheri at a local restaurant and enjoyed a wonderful meal. 

I wasn't completely idle yesterday. Mark and I took our walk early in the morning and somewhat bored, but not bored enough to do any work, I repeated the same trek Friday afternoon. I'd stuck a plastic grocery bag in my pocket and stopped long enough to partially fill it with wild plums. Mark's allergic to most fruits, but he can have wild plums and not suffer any reaction. We're thinking it's because none have been sprayed with insecticides and other commercial chemicals. 

Let's see... a blast from the past. It's Sargie standing on the kitchen counter in her old home, retrieving items from atop the cabinets. We were moving her to Pentoga Road to begin our lives together.


On today's agenda is ... well, who knows, but anything we do aside from breathing would be more than we did yesterday. 

A new exterior door is needed for the living room. Only one problem. The old Blazer has no power steering and is iffy at best. Do we chance driving it to Rhinelander, an hour and a half away to go door shopping? What I really ought to do is go used SUV/truck shopping, but I'm not about to pay triple the price for an old used vehicle that someone else is trying to dump. We'll play it by ear. 

Otherwise, the winds are to be light and the sun plentiful. If I can find a good looking blonde chick to go fishing with, maybe we'll head out onto the lake in search of a crappie or two.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

Grandson, Coleman and a buddy recently published another mountain biking video. Though the music's not my favorite, I am impressed with their videography skills. Both boys are freshmen in high school this year. 
Coleman and his friend are living proof that there's a world in which they combine their knowledge of electronics with an active outdoor lifestyle. I'm proud of both.












No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...