Monday, August 21, 2017


Hambone enjoying a ride at the Upper Peninsula State Fair
August 21, 2017 - Monday
57 degrees/clear skies/breezy
Pentoga Road

Macrea sent several pictures of their time at the fair on Saturday. I think it's safe to say that Grady had a good time.


Let's see, today's eclipse day. Some say it'll be the end of the world. If that's the case, thanks for reading and we'll catch up to you on the other side.

If not, well, I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow as usual.

We had a wonderful day on Sunday. Sargie had several things she wanted to do, mostly finish painting and touching up in the bathroom. 


I found this sign at the entrance to the bathroom early this morning. Sargie put a new coat of polyurethane on the cabinet doors last night and left them open to dry. In our home, we call an open cabinet door"THE DOOR OF DEATH," as I have been known to walk into a few.
I enjoyed the morning by sitting out on the front porch doing absolutely nothing other than daydreaming. The temperature was in the mid 70's and there was just enough breeze to keep any bugs away.

It was late morning before we departed to run a few errands in town. We left from there for our weekly ride, ending up at Clark's Landing on the Paint River in Crystal Falls.



Seems everyone was out enjoying the beautiful weather. Several people were fishing from the shore. 



Others were in a boat fishing in the eddy below the spillway.



The dam at Clark's Landing provides much of the electricity for Crystal Falls.



Sargie and I spent quite a bit of time walking along the river, just looking, talking, being lazy, and enjoying each other's company. 






A young mother and her infant were enjoying the afternoon while sitting on the rocks below the dam.


The baby was having fun splashing in a small rivulet alongside them.


All good things must come to an end and it was time to head back home. Sargie wanted to put the finishing touches on the bathroom.

Spray painting the light switch covers outside.
I headed to the garden to fertilize the giant pumpkin and feed the goldfish.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle in the giant sunflowers.

What was that, a common garden gnome? I've heard we have quite a few in the UP, but have never actually seen one.



Nope, it was Neighbor Mike. He and Germaine are down to their camp for a couple of days and Mike stopped over for a bit. 

Actually, I asked Mike to stand by the sunflowers so I could judge their height.
While Sargie was finishing the bathroom, I grilled pork loin chops outside. Along with beet greens and new potatoes dug from the garden, we ate like the little piggies we know how to be.

Snicker doodle apple pie cobbler heaped with vanilla ice cream was our dessert. The evening was spent watching television.

Sargie closes the Vision Center tonight. I'm going for my usual walk this morning then play the rest of the day by ear. I should mow the back trails and meadows. 

I've thought about going back over to Clark's Landing to fish a bit. There's a fairly good pool of water that circulates below the dam. No doubt, I'll visit with Mike to catch up on the happenings in his world and probably spend the rest of the day in the shop. 

It's time to get this baby in gear. 


After all, a man's work is never done.

We were walking along a path when I almost tripped over this puppy dog lying under some thick branches.  My initial thought was that he could be a wolf, but upon further examination, it turns out he was a very friendly, extremely relaxed, canine.
So are the tales from Pentoga Road...



No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...