Sunday, October 27, 2019

Look who showed up at the shop door this morning?
It's Lego Ninja... better known as Hambone.
October 27, 2019 - Sunday evening
42 degrees/cloudy skies/breezy
Pentoga Road

I'm subbing in the first grade tomorrow, so I thought I'd better write tonight.

Indeed, Lego Ninja came for a short visit this morning. Sargie and I were working outside when they pulled in the drive. Knowing Grady wanted to surprise us, we hurried into the shop.

Macrea, Mel, and the Bone were out visiting grandparents so they stayed just a short while. 


I was out the door shortly after sunrise Sunday morning working up the load of wood we cut on Saturday. I love burning ash, but Lord, what a stringy wood. 


The texture reminds me a lot of elm. It burns hot and lasts a long time, but is tough and stringy.


Thankfully, the wood splitter makes the job much easier than if I were doing it by hand. 

My wood season is over for the year. There are six rows of hard wood in the portable garage, plus all the soft wood in storage. We shouldn't go cold this winter.


Sargie and I moved the pallet boards from under the roof of the shed surrounding the outdoor wood furnace.


They are now stored in the big red shed along with any other good wood I might use in the shop or for building. 

I'd hoped to work on the outdoor furnace shed today, but simply ran out of time. I may be finishing it in the snow if the forecasts are correct.

After a quick trip to town, Sargie and I finished wrapping the garden house. We'd run out of wrap earlier, but finished it today.


Yooper Brother Mark and Sheri stopped out this evening. They brought us a goodie from their recent vacation to Las Vegas and of course, we had a great visit.

As mentioned above, I'll be teaching first grade for the next two days. They're a good bunch of munchkins and I'm looking forward to my time with them.

It's time to get this uploaded and watch the Packers/Kansas City game on Sunday Night Football.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...




No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...