Saturday, September 26, 2015


All electrical connections were completed in the shop on Friday and the moving-in process started.
September 26, 2015 - Saturday
50 degrees/fog/calm winds
Pentoga Road

I was awake early this morning, I mean early. My eyes popped open at 3:30 and for the next hour, I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling, mentally planning where/when/what should go in the shop. Today's moving day.

This new shop has been a project and after completing and testing the last electrical outlet Friday afternoon, I muttered a "thanks" and did a small victory shuffle. 

Taken on Friday morning's walk. Early morning fog covers the valley ahead. Note the trees are beginning to change colors.
Friday was indeed a busy one. After arriving home from my usual three-mile jaunt, I went to the garden and picked a large, plastic, grocery bag full of ripe tomatoes. The next hour was spent washing and slicing each and putting them into the dehydrator. Another batch will be going in later today or tomorrow.


I made a quick trip into town to purchase a 20 amp electrical outlet and returned a few things purchased previously that I didn't use. 

The rest of the day was spent in the shop. Other than moving in, I can now begin to turn my attentions to other projects that have been ignored for the past month.

Yooper Brother Mark stopped out Friday afternoon for a visit. It was good catching up on the news. 

Sargie pulled into the drive shortly before sundown and we decided to enjoy the beautiful evening by going for a short drive.

A thundering herd of wild turkeys walking through a yard in the hood of downtown Pentoga.
It was the perfect opportunity to catch up on the day and wildlife was everywhere. 

Deer grazing in a neighboring field
As mentioned above, this is moving day on Pentoga Road. I look forward to getting my tools put away, shelves mounted on the walls, and making the new shop my own. It's a long-held dream that has finally come true.

I've wanted my own shop for the past forty years, but there were higher priorities; raising a family and working. I've always had a work bench in a garage or a corner in a barn. Now, I finally have my own shop, a man room, a heated sanctuary where I can carve, cut, paint, spit, whittle, hang 1950's auto parts calendars featuring Jayne Mansfield, alongside wild turkey tail feathers, fishing pictures, deer antlers, and animal hides. I finally got my shop. 

Sargie is working today and closes tonight. It'll be another long day for her. Thankfully, she's off Sunday.

It's a short entry today, but there are only so many ways a person can describe hooking up electrical outlets and keep it interesting. Oh well, I doubt I'll be an electrician when I grow up, but I'm still considering becoming an astronaut... as long as I can have a shop in my rocket ship.

After all, a man's work is never done.

So are the tales from Pentoga Road...

Friday night's sunset over a neighboring lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 27, 2021 – Wednesday afternoon Iron River Hospital So I've been lying here in bed thinking... just thinking. Other than cough a...